Geheimnis

Author Topic: Read me first!  (Read 2799 times)

Jan Theysen (KING Art)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Read me first!
« on: 2013-03-10 20:26:33 »
Welcome! Since you’re here, you probably like either turn-based strategy games or Kickstarter – we like both, at least if it is done right. And that’s exactly what this is all about.

• We would like to know, how a good Kickstarter campaign should look like in your opinion, what do you expect from a good turn-based strategy game and if you’ve have any hint for us to make this campaign a huge success.
  • We also plan on to develop the game together with the community. We want to regularly provide supporters with interim versions of the game to make the best game possible in conjunction with as many turn-based strategy fans as possible. If you want to be a part of it, you’re cordially invited. After all you’re already one of the first people to find the way to our forum.

Please have a look at the topics in this forum. If you want to share your opinion or position on a topic, feel free to do so.

If you have friends, colleagues or family members that also might be interested in classical turn-based strategy, please bring this forum to their attention.

Oh, I see… you wanna know which game this is all about? Well… you’ve still got some days to speculate.  ;)

LeeeeeeK

• View Profile
Re: Read me first!
« Reply #1 on: 2013-03-10 21:55:17 »
Hi. First, I'd like to say that you're doing a great job. I liked both BoUT and Critter Chronicles. As for this project, I love turn-based strategies and I'd like to contribute in this kickstarter as far as in me lain.

A turn-based game must be flavoured with RPG factors such as character development (in your case this might be unit development as I can figured out from the picture) and storyline. It's good to let players choose their path in the storyline by offering more than one option to decide on and creating different reactions for each option. This will help players to feel more independent and the mystery of other endings will increase the replayability of the game.

Actually, it seems like I'd prefer an RPG game with turn-based combat system like Shining Force (old game but I assume you know it) more than a turn-based strategy game like Risk (not a good example but enough to clarify my point).
« Last Edit: 2013-03-10 21:57:55 by LeeeeeeK »

Darlenecife

• View Profile
Read me first
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-01 12:16:26 »
Hi Matt.
I have already posted my request in a different forum, so feel free to delete this post after youve read it.

Few times I have tried to search this forum to check if someone else had encountered the same problem and if they found a solution for it.
Unfortunately the search for multiple keywords in this forum does not work quite well.. or at least I dont understand how to use it.
It seems to me that if I enter 2 or more words, the results are posts where ANY of those words are present, not where ALL those words are written.

Mick