Author Topic: STEAM - please, for the love of...  (Read 73374 times)

Athelas Loraiel

• View Profile
STEAM - please, for the love of...
« on: 2013-03-22 15:34:25 »
Dear developers.
Please announce to kickstarter that anyone backing in order to get the game will be able to get it on STEAM.

Please,
Im backing up immediately, but I dont want to have to buy it again to have secure download always after I buy it.

Please get it on, it will draw more money.

Colin Gilzean (KING Art)

• View Profile
Re: STEAM - please, for the love of...
« Reply #1 on: 2013-03-22 18:50:47 »
We are evaluating the implementation on STEAM, but to be honest this depends rather on STEAM than on us ;)
Do or do not... there is no try

Athelas Loraiel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-03-22 19:20:37 »
Hurry up so u may have the answer before kickstarter ends!

Its painfull to type letter confirmation before posting....

Sandust

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-03-26 14:15:44 »
If you are to support STEAM, will it be a requirement? or will you allow both?

I personally don't like STEAM and I'm aware I'm a minority. But been able to play it outside of STEAM is a deal breaker for me.

FrankM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-03-26 14:37:44 »

I personally don't like STEAM and I'm aware I'm a minority.

Same here.

But been able to play it outside of STEAM is a deal breaker for me.

Guess you wanted to write "But NOT been able to play..." ;)

But I´m sure there´s no reason to worry. They promised us a DRM free copy of the game, and Steam is by all means a DRM system with some minor benefits for the users.

Sandust

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-03-26 15:41:52 »
Guess you wanted to write "But NOT been able to play..." ;)

Yeah that's what I meant :)

But I´m sure there´s no reason to worry. They promised us a DRM free copy of the game, and Steam is by all means a DRM system with some minor benefits for the users.

Makes sense, didn't think about it that way.

Athelas Loraiel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-03-26 22:56:01 »
Of course noone should require steam to have and play a game. actualy, games that require aren't actualy needing you to start steam , there is always offline mode and many games can be started from their folders. one needs steam for downloads and updates though.

Steam has many good things speaking for it.
It ofers great benefits to developers who sell directly, without needing to pay 30% or more to publishers.

Benefit of automatic updates and always available downloads, and there is a way of having same games on several comps.....

Definitely beats EA and ubisoft idiotic DRMs....I just know if you announce that you will offer steam keys to backers, you would draw more....also, one way would be to offer preorders open beta access.....many do that and have great success - fallen enchantress and sequel, legendary heroes. Fantastic sequels to Masters of Magic..

PurpleXVI

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-03-29 16:38:47 »
Plenty of games are both on Steam and GOG, or Steam and free of download services entirely. So Steam probably doesn't demand a monopoly on distribution if they agree to distribute Kronos.

Just as long as it's not an Origin or Impulse exclusive, then I'm in.

Zaur

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-03-29 23:09:37 »
We are evaluating the implementation on STEAM, but to be honest this depends rather on STEAM than on us ;)

But you managed to get The Book of Unwritten Tales on Steam ;)
It's a good commercial platform for game developers, and at the same time - very helpful for gamers.

If Steam won't add the game directly - it can be done via Steam GreenLight, am I right?

Colin Gilzean (KING Art)

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-04-05 17:04:04 »
Thats right Zaur and thats why fee hoe that you guys will vote for us there:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=136266863

Please vote for us, so Battle Worlds: Kronos will be available on STEAM.
Do or do not... there is no try

Athelas Loraiel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-04-06 09:06:37 »
I see steam keys will be available. Im about to back you up. I need a question answered first.
"09 BWK - SQUADLEADER KIT: DIGITAL ONLY — $65.00

Get 4 digital copies of the game for you and your teammates, as well as all digital rewards of the Digital Battlekit – Major Edition. One for all, all for one! "

If i pledge this will all copies receive steam key?

Also, u might wanna save money for infrastructure for player sharing with steam workshop. Works wonders!

HmmKhmm

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013-04-06 16:27:20 »
If i pledge this will all copies receive steam key?

Also, u might wanna save money for infrastructure for player sharing with steam workshop. Works wonders!

I was hoping for GOG keys, considering the game is supposed to be DRM free. :)
I'll vote for Kronos on Greenlight anyway, the more digital distribution channels it's available on, the better (and it goes without saying Steam is too big to ignore).

Athelas Loraiel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013-04-06 16:39:01 »
Still,
Forum customer relations team should be faster in response. Its not like there are a lot of posts to check daily.
I still would like an answer.

Athelas Loraiel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013-04-08 15:50:49 »
devs,
please reply ^^^
and pay a bit more attention to fora.

qlum

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013-04-08 16:14:35 »
Of course noone should require steam to have and play a game. actualy, games that require aren't actualy needing you to start steam , there is always offline mode and many games can be started from their folders. one needs steam for downloads and updates though.

Steam has many good things speaking for it.
It ofers great benefits to developers who sell directly, without needing to pay 30% or more to publishers.

Benefit of automatic updates and always available downloads, and there is a way of having same games on several comps.....

Definitely beats EA and ubisoft idiotic DRMs....I just know if you announce that you will offer steam keys to backers, you would draw more....also, one way would be to offer preorders open beta access.....many do that and have great success - fallen enchantress and sequel, legendary heroes. Fantastic sequels to Masters of Magic..
Just to correct you hear steam itself takes a 30% cut, publishers work the other way around they pay you to make a game give you a bonus if it sells well but ultimately they are the ones taking the money if the game succeeds and loosing if the game fails. There are some different solutions with publishers but that one is still the general idea.