Geheimnis

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 3577 times)

Administrator (KING Art)

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome!
« on: 2011-10-30 12:49:45 »
Hallo and welcome to the official forum for the point&click adventure game "The Book of Unwritten Tales"!  :)

We, the game's developer KING Art, are interested in your feedback on our game.
What did you like about the game? What did you dislike? Are you encountering any problems?

Just ask and we, or the other users of the community, will answer your questions and try to help as good as we can.
We want you to have the best possible gaming experience with "The Book of Unwritten Tales".

Now have fun, explore and participate!

Your team at KING Art

Giuseppe

• View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #1 on: 2011-10-30 19:49:04 »
Hi everyone and King Art team.
I'm Giuseppe, webmaster to www.puntaeclicca.com [nofollow]
I'm happy to be here with you.

Sorry my english!

Merry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-12-05 09:32:00 »
Thanks for the welcome. I rarely go on line but I am enjoying the game so much and wanted to join in and say thank you! I remember playing the King's Quest series (1970-80s?) - probably one of the earliest 'point and click' adventures I ran across - and love what KING Art Games has developed. Well done!!!
Best wishes, Merry (Australia)

Administrator (KING Art)

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-12-05 15:42:27 »
Thanks for the kind words, Merry! :)
We are always happy to receive feedback like yours.

Part of our team grew up with the King's Quest adventures too, including me. That's why we wanted to create a similar experience for generations to come. It's great to hear that it worked out. :)

S3r1ous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-12-11 18:14:01 »
Dislike:
Occasionally athmosphere seems to break itself, like environment and characters need to blend more.
Too little pretext.
Needs more dark characters. Too cheery for its own sake. Missing some depth.

MysterZork

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-01-27 07:08:36 »
Thank You So Much for ‘The Book of Unwritten Tales’.
  In a genre that seems to have been dying in the last few years, you have done something that Paulsen, Stevenson, Wyss, Kipling, Doyle, and Haggard (to name just a few) have done in the past. You have managed to immerse the reader into a fantasy world to the point of ‘forgetting’ that they are just reading a book or playing a game.
It is a rich, well written, story driven adventure that somehow just pulls you in from the beginning to the extent that you can’t wait to see what happens next.
You have magically achieved that very fine balance that lets the player become so involved in the story that they soon forget they are playing a game.
  There are two little parts, unfortunately, that snap the reader/player out of that infusion. The arrows on the keyboard and the arrows in the archery contest:
The keyboard thing was just plain ridiculous…period.
The 81 steps to the archery contest wouldn’t have been So Bad if you didn’t have to go through the S-L-O-W process of completing the mission as soon as you realized what you had to do.
  But don’t get me wrong; those two minor imperfections were just a blip in the almost 20 hours of pure enjoyment this work gives. To give you an idea of how wonderful the software is, when you come to these little ridiculous parts you’ll find yourself saying: “OK, I just have to get through this foolishness so that I can Get Back To The Story.”
That is how intense and rewarding this game is!
  Obviously, if you are reading this, you Love Adventure Games so I have to be fair. The genre of Adventure Games is somewhat difficult to categorize but they basically are broken down to two:
Puzzle Driven.< Sometimes the puzzles are so ridiculous that no one in their right mind would ever even think of some of the ‘off the wall’ solutions that the programmers made up.
Story Driven.< This is the model that is the most captivating but, unfortunately, most software writers don’t have the ability or freedom to write a good story that seamlessly melds rational  puzzles into the adventure.
The Book of Unwritten Tales not only does this, but perfectly blends in just the right amount of humor.
  We absolutely Loved It and just wanted to say Thank You.
« Last Edit: 2012-01-27 07:25:30 by MysterZork »

Vherkin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-08-04 12:13:33 »
Hello there, i've just passed the night away by playing your game. It is now 6:30am.  ;D
How can i put it ?
I can't really spread the world. Im not an native english speaker and most people i know doesn't understand english very well. Unlike me. But i can tell you this, the word is spreading around the internet, that how i found about the game. Someone posted the steam trailer on the escapist forum. It was, because of that, for a short while on the main page. (There is a part that show news forum posts and with the title "book of the unwritten tales" i couldn't resist clicking it)

Since your trailer was amazing i bought it.
Hell with the budget i allow for new game each month i had to choose between this and skyrim (it was in special at 50%). I choose your and i don't regret it.  ;D

setkewi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-12-26 07:37:40 »
Hello Friends
I am new in this community. I'm from USA and I want to share something with you that's I am funny guy, like to make new friends and most of the time like to spend with video games. I just want to say Nice to Meet you in this forum.

aplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-01-29 17:15:05 »

Good day King Art!

First of all, I would like to tell you how much your game "The book of unwritten tales" is amazing.
 I'm so happy I could get knowledge about it. You built up a fantastic world full of details, which made me feel I'm really in the game. It was the very first PC game so long time ago which could really entertain me. So, I would like to congratulate to your team. As I see you invested a lot in this.

You should have to continue the story at all. I mean, with the three characters, Nate, Ivo, and Wilbur. They are all good and entertaining, especially Ivo, and Wilbur.

I have already played the Critter chronicles too, wich was quiete good, as a prequel. But I honestly think the world of the book of unwritten tales was just as good, you should have to concentrate to that. It's a magical world with some paradox, and with humour which made this all unique.

In Critter Chronicles there was too much machine. Sometimes I didnt feel I'm in that wonderful world like in The BOUT. But, Mary the ship, and the tower of the Arch-Mage was fantastic.

I honestly hope you will continue the story of the book of unwritten tales. I think there are a lot of people who need games like this in order to can cancel everyday rush. And than, I would be happy to see again Ivo, Wilbur and Nate, with Mary the ship :)