Geheimnis

Author Topic: RUSSIAN Localization - Report mistakes here  (Read 6785 times)

Administrator (KING Art)

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
RUSSIAN Localization - Report mistakes here
« on: 2013-10-31 15:53:43 »
Привет!

If you play the game in Russian and find any mistakes in the text, please report them in this thread. We will then try to fix them as soon as possible.
Thank you for your help!

ArmyEye

• View Profile
Re: RUSSIAN Localization - Report mistakes here
« Reply #1 on: 2013-10-31 16:31:18 »
И Вам приветик!

I would like to... But current build (0.5.2) doesn't feature Russian language. In fact the game does not even allow to type with cyrillic letters in saves.

P.S. Игра выглядит классно! Жду пятого числа!

Administrator (KING Art)

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-10-31 16:59:52 »
The next update will have Russian interface texts, so we prepared this thread for that. :)

ArmyEye

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-11-01 13:31:58 »
Just updated to 0.5.3
It seems your translator does not approve "ё" letter, so I changed this. Additionally I started to proofread texts.

I'll just attach a modified file here. You can find changes using comparing tool, I guess.

saodhar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-11-02 23:32:24 »
First - why is "русский" the only word in language choice list, that doesn't start with a capital letter?
Second - some tutorial messages don't fit into corresponding text boxes. Resolution 1680x1050.
Third (possily not bug) - Unit names in user animated "portrait" window  are not translated (Hunter instead of "Охотник").

ArmyEye

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-11-03 08:26:28 »
"Цербер" может сражаться с любым типов вражеских войск...

Should be "любым типом" or "любыми типами".

Uka

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-11-03 19:26:33 »
Спасибо за перевод, особенно за озвучку роликов!
Несколько мелких замечаний:
1. Не отображаются субтитры в роликах: видны только знаки препинания (.,!), букв нет.
2. То же самое - в сообщениях обучения и о выполнении заданий: вверху слева видны только иконки и опять знаки препинания.
3. На панели управления (справа) названия боевых единиц значатся по-английски. Или так и задумано, чтобы их не переводить?
4. Не знаю, ошибка ли это перевода, или же особенность игры, но при наведении курсора на значки панели управления подсказки появляются только к одним значкам, вроде "Цели и статистика", но не к другим, например, значкам под изображением боевых единиц. Приходится догадываться, что они означают.
5. Некоторые задания и фразы диалогов не переведены! Например, c01_m02_target04  и c01_m02_target05 - они есть в английских файлах, но не в русских. Соответственно, в игре появляется не текст задания, а "c01_m02_target04"...
« Last Edit: 2013-11-03 19:28:13 by Uka »

Uka

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-11-03 19:42:48 »
UPD.: Извиняюсь, подсказки под всеми значками есть :) Просто долго их ждать. Неплохо бы, чтобы побыстрее они появлялись. И таки некоторые остались на английском, например, подсказки в меню завода ("Resources" и др.).

Administrator (KING Art)

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-11-04 13:59:39 »
I changed it into "Pусский"

Second - some tutorial messages don't fit into corresponding text boxes. Resolution 1680x1050.

Do you mean the messages or the headlines of the messages?

Third (possily not bug) - Unit names in user animated "portrait" window  are not translated (Hunter instead of "Охотник").
It's easier for people from different nationalities discussing about the game, if they all use the English unit names. However, if the unit names are translated in the dialogues, but not in the unit info, that's a mistake. It should be consistently either translated or not translated in the whole game.
« Last Edit: 2013-11-04 14:01:33 by Marco Rosenberg (KING Art) »

Uka

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-11-04 14:09:46 »
However, if the unit names are translated in the dialogues, but not in the unit info, that's a mistake. It should be consistently either translated or not translated in the whole game.
Yes - they are translated in dialogues, in tutorial messages, in info sheets etc., but not in their windows on the right panel, which looks rather strange.

Administrator (KING Art)

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-11-04 14:44:50 »
However, if the unit names are translated in the dialogues, but not in the unit info, that's a mistake. It should be consistently either translated or not translated in the whole game.
Yes - they are translated in dialogues, in tutorial messages, in info sheets etc., but not in their windows on the right panel, which looks rather strange.

Hmmm, that's not good...
What would you prefer? Unit names in English in the whole game or unit names in Russian?

Uka

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013-11-04 15:00:53 »
What would you prefer? Unit names in English in the whole game or unit names in Russian?
I would certainly prefer all of them in Russian. After all, there is an option for changing the language, so that everything could be in English or German, if someone would prefer them otherwise  :)
But there are some more important mistakes, like those I mentioned in my post above (in Russian): like invisibility of Russian letters in subtitles and messages, and the lack of strings 'c01_m02_target04' etc. in language files...

Administrator (KING Art)

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013-11-04 15:10:09 »
"Цербер" может сражаться с любым типов вражеских войск...

Should be "любым типом" or "любыми типами".

I don't understand what you mean. It is "любым типом" in the original, so why should I change it? Or do I need to delete one of the words?

Please write the whole original sentence and whole changed sentence when you make suggestions for changes, because I don't understand Russian and it's hard to replace single words without knowing the grammar and without being able to read them. :)

Administrator (KING Art)

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013-11-04 15:13:12 »
I would certainly prefer all of them in Russian. After all, there is an option for changing the language, so that everything could be in English or German, if someone would prefer them otherwise  :)
But there are some more important mistakes, like those I mentioned in my post above (in Russian): like invisibility of Russian letters in subtitles and messages, and the lack of strings 'c01_m02_target04' etc. in language files...

Ok, as it is also easier to replace the unit names in the info than replacing them in all the ingame text, we'll put the Russian names into the info too. Could some of you guys please help me out by making a list of all the English names with their Russian translations? It would take ages for me to search through the source code and figure out each Russian name.

I'm working on all your other reported mistakes now, so they'll be fixed in the next update.

Administrator (KING Art)

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013-11-04 15:20:58 »
5. Некоторые задания и фразы диалогов не переведены! Например, c01_m02_target04  и c01_m02_target05 - они есть в английских файлах, но не в русских. Соответственно, в игре появляется не текст задания, а "c01_m02_target04"...

Thanks for reporting that!
The english text for them is:
01_m02_target04,"Five transporters have survived."
c01_m02_target05,"Six transporters have survived."

Can anyone please translate the text in the quotation marks so I can put it into the game?