Geheimnis

Author Topic: Steam & GoG Keys, Manuals & Soundtracks  (Read 2635 times)

Thorben

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Steam & GoG Keys, Manuals & Soundtracks
« on: 2013-11-07 11:57:46 »

Steam: A lot of backers who backed box-editions and received a “KING Art key” from us asked if they could get a Steam key instead. That wasn’t the plan, but since Steam is pretty generous when it comes to keys, we’ll give you the opportunity to swap the keys in one or two weeks (as soon as the launch stress is over).

Special content:
<steam folder>\SteamApps\common\BattleWorldsKronos\SpecialContent

GoG: One day later than planned Battle Worlds is available on Good-old-Games (DRM free). But you can only get the "standard edition" there, not the bigger version (with the "Extended Manual" and the "Weapon’s Manual"). So if you backed a bigger version than the standard version, the GoG option wasn’t displayed for you on our portal.

We changed that. Now you CAN choose GoG, even when you’ve backed a higher tier. You’ll receive the standard version from GoG and get the "Extended Manual", the "Weapon’s Manual" and the Soundtrack as a separate download at https://secure.kingart-games.com

Manuals & Soundtrack: If you bought the Battle Worlds: Kronos Special Edition (Mayor Edition) in our shop or if you choose to download your higher-tier Kickstarter edition from our side, you’ll now find the Extended Manual, the Weapon’s Manual and the Soundtrack in the "My Games" section at our portal (https://secure.kingart-games.com).

Leatherneck2382

• View Profile
Re: Steam & GoG Keys, Manuals & Soundtracks
« Reply #1 on: 2013-11-25 20:15:36 »
EDIT: Check News.
« Last Edit: 2013-11-29 19:38:07 by Leatherneck2382 »
Semper Fidelis -- U.S. Marine Corps Motto "Always Faithful"

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.” - Sun Tzu

Kennethdock

• View Profile
Steam GoG Keys Manuals Soundtracks
« Reply #2 on: 2015-06-11 09:15:51 »
I was wondering since I've just recently bought the GOG version of the game not knowing that the Steam version of the game had a "Daily Challenge" option and not the GOG version... Probably to avoid piracy... :/

So the to summarize the question, can I some how get a Steam key for having the GOG version of the game?

Thanks -ShimShimd

Thorben

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-06-11 14:50:20 »
Hi Kenneth,

the GoG version is the very same as the Steam version.
So if you are hapy with GoG, stick to GoG :)

Just curious party:
Where did that "Daily Challenge" information come from?

Best
Thorben

barbarian_bros

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-10-02 14:16:13 »

Steam: A lot of backers who backed box-editions and received a “KING Art key” from us asked if they could get a Steam key instead. That wasn’t the plan, but since Steam is pretty generous when it comes to keys, we’ll give you the opportunity to swap the keys in one or two weeks (as soon as the launch stress is over).

Any news for this key swapping?
Juste wanted to play the game (I left it after the 8th map last time)... Only to discover that a game which requires to be connected to play has lost my save files.
I've swapped my C:\ disk for a SSD few month ago... and tried to launch the game (I tried all my installed games, as they are are on another HDD), it launched, and my account was active... so I havn't checked further.
But today I tried to play... and I must restart the entire game because you store the save files on 'My Documents' (A folder I NEVER use because it's deleted when you reinstall Windows)

If I Could have a Steam version from the start... It would have kept my 'save files' online.
Among all 'must have online connection' games I tried, only the UPLAY ones (but I already knew Ubi Soft's service was crappy) and yours lost my progression.

Thorben

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-10-02 14:28:10 »
Hi barbarian_bros,

that´s pretty easy to fix and shouldn´t take longer than 1 or 2 minutes.

Please open your "profil.bwp" file with Programmers Notepad, Mircosoft Texteditor or whatever you prefer.
You can find the file here:
C:\Users\Username\Documents\BattleWorldsKronos\Profiles

It will look like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, the "node id" stands for the missions.
Unlocked=true means you could start the mission
Done=true means you completed the mission
In your case pretty much every node id will be set "false".
All you need to do is to overwrite "false" with "true" until you reached the mission you want to play.
Save the file, start the game and have fun.

Best
Thorben

Miriamkibe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-11-27 06:33:43 »
Hello
I bought the humble bundle 3 before and today I cant get my steam key, it says "keys are temporarily exhausted for this product"
Any idea?

Gonzao

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-04-14 21:12:54 »
I wonder when this will show up on STEAM? The last thing I need is a new account GOG.

Warrengrip

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Today at 08:37:14 »
LoA Team,

I have not received my steam key via email as noted in the forum.  I tried emailing the address above explaining my situation as a KickStarter backer who has not received my game keys.  Is there another email address that I can send to forward my request?