Author Topic: BWK Patch 1.2.1 (Win Mac Linux) available | Hotfix 1.2.2 (Win Mac Linux)  (Read 5612 times)

Thorben

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Update 1.2.1: Better UI & Performance!

This is probably the last update prior to the release of the big „Trains DLC Update“. As always: Your game should be updated automatically (via Battle Worlds Launcher or Steam).

Improved, scalable UI

We’ve updated our UI system. The biggest feature is a new option in the settings that allows you to scale the UI up to 200% of its normal size. So if you’re using a very high resolution or you want to play on your television you should be fine now.

Other improvements include:

•   Better text input (copy & paste, navigation in text fields)
•   Hotkey for “End Turn”
•   Hotkey for “Show unit info permanently”
•   Option to disable the auto chat-login

Let us know if everything works!

Better Performance
We had some performance issues on OpenGL Systems (Mac & Linux). We tweaked a couple of things and the performance should be noticeably better on all systems but especially on Mac and Linux.
•   High quality settings: Only minor improvements here
•   Medium quality: You should notice a substantial performance improvement here
•   Low quality: Substantial performance improvements
•   (New) Very low quality: This is a new, very fast set of settings

On our low specs Mac test system the performance went up from ~15-20 fps to 30-40 fps in Medium quality. Depending on your system your experience may differ. Please let us know how the performance changed.

Many small things & Bug fixes

•   AI for Anti-Air-Turrets and Guardtowers fixed
•   Fixed tooltip hide/unhide units
•   The unit info now shows the amount of mines a unit carries
•   Buildings no longer hinder movement
•   Now units turn their turrets when attacking (where applicable)
•   The "Next Unit" and "Sleep" Buttons no longer open the transporter screen
•   Fixed a bug when a mine was deployed next to a hidden unit
•   Fixed a bug where hidden units had been visible for the enemy while they were moving
•   Fixed a bug when loading savegames from the main menu
•   Loca updates for it, fr, es, rus

Hotfix 1.2.2
- Fixed a bug when no name was entered into the input fields while creating a MP Match
- Fixed a bug where a turn was ended when hitting “enter” in the chat window
- Fixed a bug that prevented aircrafts from being refueled

« Last Edit: 2014-02-20 17:44:41 by Thorben »

suprass81

• View Profile
Re: BWK Patch 1.2.1 (Win Mac Linux) available
« Reply #1 on: 2014-02-20 13:03:21 »
Great!!!

HmmKhmm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-02-20 16:05:51 »
The GUI scaling is a neat feature, I personally won't be using it as I feel the UI is just about the right size for my monitor, but it's great that it's there.
Looking forward to the Trains DLC, crossing fingers for some nice, beautiful-looking missions set in the desert or in the middle of snow-covered mountains. *wink wink nudge nudge*  ;)
How many new missions can we expect?

Thorben

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-02-20 16:18:00 »
The GUI scaling is a neat feature, I personally won't be using it as I feel the UI is just about the right size for my monitor, but it's great that it's there.
Looking forward to the Trains DLC, crossing fingers for some nice, beautiful-looking missions set in the desert or in the middle of snow-covered mountains. *wink wink nudge nudge*  ;)
How many new missions can we expect?

Hi.

The campaign will contain 4-5 new missions and we´ll use nearly all available terrain settings.
Including desert, grasslands and snow. Also we´re planning to feature most of the already known units plus the new trains of course.

HmmKhmm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-02-20 18:46:27 »
Hi.

The campaign will contain 4-5 new missions and we´ll use nearly all available terrain settings.
Including desert, grasslands and snow. Also we´re planning to feature most of the already known units plus the new trains of course.

That's fantastic to hear. It's an instant purchase for me the moment it becomes available on GOG, thank you for responding so quickly.

Are you pleased with the sales thus far? The lack of exposure must have been a huge issue (I have no idea why the largest gaming websites flat out ignored the game's existence...), but I honestly hope the game did well, I'd love to see a sequel improving upon every aspect of BW:Kronos (different looking factions with unique units, more engaging story and characters, new environments etc.)... Frankly, even a new setting would be great (WWI or WWII, for example?).

Shulgin

• View Profile
I really should grumble just after you have released a fantastic patch but is there any chance that you will explain the multi-player ranking calculation at some point? Maybe even modify the calculation since  players can apparently loose points despite winning the match

Rentier

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I really should grumble just after you have released a fantastic patch but is there any chance that you will explain the multi-player ranking calculation at some point? Maybe even modify the calculation since  players can apparently loose points despite winning the match
this Question was often repeated in the german forums but not answered yet :(
Ave, morituri te salutant.
Good Night - Good Fight!

kronossianer

• View Profile
Update 1.2.1: Better UI & Performance!

Hotfix 1.2.2
- Fixed a bug when no name was entered into the input fields while creating a MP Match
- Fixed a bug where a turn was ended when hitting “enter” in the chat window
- Fixed a bug that prevented aircrafts from being refueled

Hi Thorben,
how do I get the hot fix 1.2.2 on my Mac? I bought the game via app store and could not find any way to update from version 1.2.1. It is really a major drawback, if you cannot refuel your planes at all...

Thorben

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Thorben,
how do I get the hot fix 1.2.2 on my Mac? I bought the game via app store and could not find any way to update from version 1.2.1. It is really a major drawback, if you cannot refuel your planes at all...

Hi.

We´ve uploaded the patch to the app-store already.

But before being available, every patch needs to pass the submission performed by the app-store.
This takes a while and when I asked last time (1-2 days ago), I was told that the patch should be available soon.

Sorry, but we cannot speed up the process.

annaclara

• View Profile
i heard about that but had not ever knew so much details, thnk you so much for sharing it, i will surely look forward for it guy