Geheimnis

Author Topic: BWK League system  (Read 2369 times)

Thorben

• Administrator
    • View Profile
BWK League system
« on: 2014-03-07 14:33:32 »
We were frequently asked how the league works, here´s the answer:

When a match is finished, we run through the following steps for every participant, but only if the match took more than three rounds:
We always count the match as finished, as won if the player was part of the winning alliance, and as honorable if the player won, lost or surrendered.
Consequently “dishonorable” means, the player exceeded the time limit for a round. As mentioned before, this takes effect only if the match was longer than three rounds.

Next we determine the game’s value. The longer the match actually took, the higher its value will be. Our goal was to take larger maps into account, that typically take longer to finish. This value of the game then increases the points of the player and may lead to a new rank.

Additionally every player has an internal rating. Based on the Elo rating system those ratings are saved for both players in the beginning of a match and are compared when it is finished. The winner’s rating will be increased while the loser’s rating will be decreased. However if the winner has had a far higher rating, the change in his rating will be small whereas winning against a player with a higher rating leads to a large increase in the rating. Similarly the loser will lose more rating if the opponent’s rating was lower. This rating is only for internal use and we introduced another value named “skill”. The skill value will slowly converge to the rating, but isn’t directly affected by short-term changes.

To estimate another player’s abilities, these values read like this:
-   A high rank and many points are indicating, that this player is very active and has played a lot of matches.
-   A high value in honor indicates a player who is diligently trying to finish his or her matches and to execute turns regularly.
-   A high skill means: this player has made his or her way to the top of a league by many victories and could be a tough opponent.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-12 15:02:57 by Thorben »

ThePunisher

• View Profile
Re: BWL League system
« Reply #1 on: 2014-09-12 13:45:11 »
When will finally the system be adapted, so that u dont LOSE skill on WINNING a match!?

In the long term this means  that experienced and good players will be reluctant to help newbees to find into the game, which is damaging for the whole marketing of the game :-(

Please recalibrate that system so that it is possible for us to take games fro any player without dropping in the league even when we win!

I know that htis as an issue already for really long time and i dont understand why this critical issue is not solved yet.

Yours

ThePunisher

Rentier

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: BWK League system
« Reply #2 on: 2014-09-12 20:36:58 »
When will finally the system be adapted, so that u dont LOSE skill on WINNING a match!?

In the long term this means  that experienced and good players will be reluctant to help newbees to find into the game, which is damaging for the whole marketing of the game :-(

Please recalibrate that system so that it is possible for us to take games fro any player without dropping in the league even when we win!

I know that htis as an issue already for really long time and i dont understand why this critical issue is not solved yet.

Yours

ThePunisher

@KAG,
 I am of the same opinion, that loosing Skill Points while winning is very bad !

In the german forums this was stated way back and not fixed (yet). - http://forum.kingart-games.com/index.php/topic,13509.msg22282.html#msg22282

never ever hope dies ;D

Ave, morituri te salutant.
Good Night - Good Fight!