Geheimnis

Author Topic: Trains DLC released for free!  (Read 14192 times)

Jan Miller (KingArt)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Trains DLC released for free!
« on: 2014-05-22 12:34:05 »
Trains DLC released!

The last six months

Hallo everyone! If you release a game as a developer, you normally turn your back on
it quite soon and concentrate on the next one. But with Battle Worlds: Kronos it was different,
because thanks to your support we’ve been able to constantly improve the game over the last six months.

Here’s an overview of what has happened since the release:

Trains DLC … Add-on … Thing

A big stretch goal was the development of the free DLC named „Trains“.
The small DLC turned into more of a small add-on with about 15 hours of play time just for the single-player mode.

Here’s what the add-on has to offer:

And here’s a trailer with the whole thing in motion:

Battle Worlds: Kronos "Trains" DLC Trailer

How do I get the Trains DLC?

...if you own the Steam version of the game, it will be automatically updated by the Steam updater.

…if you own the KING Art version, it will be automatically updated by the launcher.

…if you own the GoG version, you can start downloading the updated version right now (your savegames remain umimpaired).

Please share!

We’d be really happy if you could spread the word about the add-on and Battle Worlds as wide as possible.
This week the game is available at a reduced price on Steam and GoG and the add-on is a good opportunity to get new players enthusiastic about BWK!

Your Battle Worlds team
« Last Edit: 2014-05-22 12:44:42 by Jan Miller (KingArt) »

ikbenrichard

• No text
    • View Profile
Re: Trains DLC released for free!
« Reply #1 on: 2014-05-30 18:27:23 »
Tried the first trains mission today. Damn it is hard mode! Is it me or what?
Anyone can give some hint how to get through?
I was here.

gerwin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-05-31 01:13:37 »
I made it through the first trains mission on the second attempt. =)
- Basically by luring the enemy out, but only by 2 or 3 units at a time. Then destroying these units in the usual fashion.
- Also, when taking on the first train, make sure the units around it were destroyed like that earlier.
- The mines in the depots can be used against the first counterattack from the south-east.
- When taking on the last enemies in the north-east, it may help to drive a Infantrybot all the way around the map to the bottom of the (mined) bridge. The enemy units will then go south a little, but they will not cross the bridge.

Note that I am a newby to this new game though, maybe there is an easier way. 

ikbenrichard

• No text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-05-31 07:40:55 »
Thnx Gerwin for your tips !
I was here.