Geheimnis

Author Topic: Multiplayer Maps  (Read 2899 times)

Yojimbo252

• View Profile
Multiplayer Maps
« on: 2014-11-11 16:19:01 »
Is it possible to obtain images of each of the multiplayer maps?

The reason I ask is I'd like to give multiplayer a try but due to the black shroud fog of war, as a new player to BW:K I don't even know what the map looks like.

I can understand having a black shroud fog of war for single player campaign but multiplayer?  Doesn't that give someone that has played a map previously a huge advantage over someone that hasn't?  Without wanting to side track the request, for multiplayer games wouldn't the grey mist fog of war (reveals terrain but not units) be sufficient?

Please note I have the iOS version so downloading the world builder and viewing the maps (assuming that's possible on the PC/Mac version) isn't feasible.

Thorben

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiplayer Maps
« Reply #1 on: 2014-11-11 16:30:14 »
Hi Yojimbo252,

try the Hotseat-mode to explore the maps ;)

Best
Thorben

Yojimbo252

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-11-11 16:57:57 »
The problem is it's not that easy to switch between an online game and hot seat to check the map to see if you're sending your force down a dead end or not.

Is there some way to access images of the maps through world builder or something of that nature?

If so is it possible to make those images publicly available so new players like myself can get up to speed quickly and be competitive at multiplayer without having to go through the pain of making fundamental mistakes caused by not knowing what the map looks like?

On the other point, why hide information by a black shroud rather than simply a grey mist where that information is not secret?  I've played a lot of other 1v1 multiplayer games and have never come across this before.  Am I the only player that finds this detrimental to the game?

Thorben

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-11-11 17:47:31 »
Is there some way to access images of the maps through world builder or something of that nature?

Unfortunately the world builder isn´t supported by the mobile version.

Maybe the community could provide you with screenshots or you´ll have to go the hard way:
Play and explore the maps in hotseat mode first to gain the map knowlegde you´re lacking right now.
Or take a risk and try to play the mp without map knowlegde - even though you might take a beating.

Yojimbo252

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-11-11 18:16:35 »
Maybe the community could provide you with screenshots

If someone were prepared to provide png/jpg file images of the multiplayer maps I'd be very grateful.