Geheimnis

Author Topic: Kickstarter: What is it? Why are we using it? What is important to know?  (Read 14959 times)

Colin Gilzean (KING Art)

• View Profile
As there might be some people who haven’t participated in any Kickstarter-campaign yet, we thought we could give you a little heads-up on the whole thing:

What is Kickstarter?
Kickstarter is the biggest and most known crowd-funding platform. Crowd-funding is a special way to realize and finance project with the help of people who share similar interests. Everyone who is interested can donate an amount so that hopefully the required amount to realize the project can be raised.

And this works?
Indeed it does. Pretty good actually! Especially in the last 1-2 years many computer games, movies, music records and technical devices have been financed thru this. If you want to get a brief overview about these successful projects please take a look here: http://www.kickstarter.com/year/2012

How does this work?
First you have to sign-up at Kickstarter. Then you can support any running project that you like by donating (pledge). Usually there are different pledge-tiers of which you can choose. If for example you select the “30 Dollar”-tier you have to pledge at least 30 Dollars, but if you want you can give more.

And what do I get in return?
For starters the good feeling that thanks to your help a great project was realized. Beyond that there are rewards allocated to every pledge-tier. In our project for example you’ll receive for a 20 Dollar pledge the digital version of the final game, as soon as the development is completed. Higher pledge-tiers include bigger and better rewards.

What happens if the required amount is not achieved? Will my money be lost?
By no means! Your donated amount will ONLY be written off your account if the game was successfully funded. If the required amount was not achieved, you won’t lose a nickel.

What can I do to help?
1.   Pledge a generous amount ;)
2.   Advertise the campaign and share it with as many people as possible.
3.   Pledge as early as possible. It is important that potential donors see right from the beginning that there are people who believe in the project.

When does it start?
Tuesday the 19th of March, before midday (CEST)

« Last Edit: 2013-03-18 18:59:58 by Jan Theysen (KING Art) »
Do or do not... there is no try