Geheimnis

Author Topic: Homophobia  (Read 1596 times)

sh4dow

• View Profile
Homophobia
« on: 2012-03-03 01:41:25 »
I was just enjoying the game today, minding my own business, when all of a sudden, Nate starts saying those awful, bigoted things to that paladin. Now, I get that Nate isn't supposed to be exactly a nice guy and I'm no stranger to jokes that deal with anything outside of what society considers "normal". But even for his character and considering what one could see as humorous (which was the case with some of the statements), some of those things he said were just plain awful. And made me wonder what is the player supposed to take away from that. That if you're a cool guy, you have no tolerance for stupid fags?

Administrator (KING Art)

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Homophobia
« Reply #1 on: 2012-03-05 17:14:02 »
As you already said, Nate is not supposed to be the nice guy and his comments are pretty rude sometimes. He is no role model and just tries to be cool. So his comments regarding the paladin just show his own insecurity.
Also the paladin character is supposed to be a spoof of the "Paladin" class in role play games, because they are not as good at fighting as a warrior and not as good at magic as a wizard. It is by no means meant to badmouth homosexual people.

QuickFragger

• View Profile
Re: Homophobia
« Reply #2 on: 2012-03-07 00:25:02 »
That joke is hillarious. I played World of Warcraft and during The Burning Crusade expansion, paladins had really bright colored armors. One armor were pinkish. At one point the whole paladin class in WoW was just a cliché. Well. The whole Burning Crusade had elements of pink it but only Paladins had pink armors, weapons and even a shield that is really pink. Also Arthas Menethil (The lich king during Wrath of the Lich King) is a blonde haired paladin. Lot of references to games and movies thru out the game. Also Nathan is trying to be cool, he really have a heart of gold, as you during the same chapter as you meet this paladin, goes great lengths, sacrificing himself to do a great deed.