Geheimnis

Author Topic: Technical bugs and crashes  (Read 48487 times)

mejaa

• View Profile
Re: Technical bugs and crashes
« Reply #30 on: 2012-02-27 20:19:33 »
Ogre Exception error problem.  For those who have run into this:

Apparently the problem lies with the 950GM chip type from the 945 Express chip family.  It is running pixel shader 2.0 while pixel shader 4.0 is need to make the Ogre Execption go away.  For those of us stuck with this chip set in a laptop, it means the upgrade is to a newer computer. 

For people with those kind of graphics problems, we've been working on a fix. I've included it in the attachment to this post. Instructions how to install it can be found in the textfile that comes with the fix.
Please tell us if it worked for you or not.

I can't seem to find out how to rename the "bout.ex_" file..  ??? Help!

Administrator (KING Art)

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2012-02-27 20:24:55 »

You need to double-click on the file name, which opens the filename inside a small rectangle. There you can edit the name and press the Enter/Return-Key to accept the change.

PlumberDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2012-02-28 00:57:24 »

Apparently the problem lies with the 950GM chip type from the 945 Express chip family.  It is running pixel shader 2.0 while pixel shader 4.0 is need to make the Ogre Execption go away.  For those of us stuck with this chip set in a laptop, it means the upgrade is to a newer computer. 

For people with those kind of graphics problems, we've been working on a fix. I've included it in the attachment to this post. Instructions how to install it can be found in the textfile that comes with the fix.

I can confirm that it worked for my Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family too !
Many thanks KING ART.

@ mejaa: The way it worked for me was to rename the Bout file before extracting it with WinRar. I hope this helps...

andy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2012-02-29 01:36:52 »

The fix worked great! Thank You!  I am really loving the dialog/writing that has gone into this game.

spazout

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2012-03-22 22:16:15 »
Chapter 3 - The Sunken Temple - Cannot use cylinder in the air tube to knock out Munkus
I've tried like 30 times now with all 3 characters and it just won't let me use that cylinder in the air tube while the animation of Munkus is playing.

How do I do this????  I've read in other places of people having the same problem but I never found a solution.

Administrator (KING Art)

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2012-03-26 09:21:42 »
Have you
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

spazout

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2012-03-29 09:33:46 »
OMG!!!!  *facepalm* ok.. yup that worked  lol  TY!

min

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2012-04-03 03:32:51 »
I recently bought this game and it's not working.  As per instructions I have 1) reinstalled it 2) taken it off and reinstalled it, 3 ) had computer geek make sure I had the enough requirements needed on the computer, 4)learned to write code (generic sound devices thingie), put it in config.xml and had computer geek check it later, 4)turned off extra sound devices and updated sound and graphic divers.  I seem to be learning a lot about the computer but would rather play the game.  uninterested, useless comptuer geek software engineer brother says I need tech person--Is that you? what next?

Administrator (KING Art)

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2012-04-03 10:30:46 »
Hi min,

please send me a detailed description of your problem to support@kingart-games.com
If there is an error message, please try to make a screenshot and include it with your email.
I'm sure our tech guys can help you. :)

arkane

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2012-04-16 21:47:59 »
SOLUTION to BOUT.exe crashing:

I'm on win7 x64 and could not solve this.... UNTIL NOW! :-)

I do not have a sound-card, but I still tried the config.xml method anyway >> No success

I tried updating my video drivers >> No success

I was just about to give up when I found that disabling Realtek Digital Audio (via the Playback tab in Sound proprerties) allowed the game to start-up without Bout.exe crashing.

I hope this helps others.

Linda

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2012-04-25 01:41:59 »
I had the same error message:

Ogre exception (3:renderingAPIException): failed to DrawPrimitive:invalid call in D3DRenderiSystem::_render at ..\..\..\..\..\RenderSystems\Direct3D9\src\OgreD3D9RenderSystem.cpp (line 3116)

on a Windows XP Pro with a 915GM/GMS,910GML card.   

The fix worked, and I'm finally able to start the game. Thank you!!!  :)

PS: The fix doesn't show in this thread unless you register. Once I logged in, I was able to see the attachment and download the file.  8)
« Last Edit: 2012-04-25 01:48:09 by Linda »

lizziefrombris

• View Profile
Re: Technical bugs and crashes - Gold Coin in Dragon Lair
« Reply #41 on: 2012-05-11 08:37:40 »
I am having an issue in Chapter 4 in the Dragon Lair in relaiton to the Gold Coin.  I already made the coin and gave it to the Dragon before mending the sword. Now that I have mended the sword she keeps asking for the coin that I have already given her.  I can't make another coin as I don't have the stone bowl and I can't pick up gold at the caves.  This has to be a bug. I have gone to the teepee and mountain and crypt to talk to everyone and searched everywhere for any clue but I am totally stuck and I think that this is the last task I need to do before I go to save wilbur.  I really don't want to start the entire game over as it has taken me a long time to get to this chapter.  Any Help Would be Appreciated.

Administrator (KING Art)

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2012-05-11 12:25:16 »
Hi lizziefrombris,

you could try uninstalling and re-installing the game. If the problem still persists, please send me your latest savegame to support@kingart-games.com

rafman

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2012-06-20 12:34:24 »
I have bought the box set, but am having trouble with the game.

I have downloaded patch 1.03 - still problems.

A lot of the scenes are without "texture" i.e. blank, and the figures are just in white i.e. no skintone, clothes etc.

When I get to the part to go down the sewer to challenge King Rat, the game crashes.

My system is a s follows:-

CPU: Pentium 4 2.8Gig
Memory: 2Gig DDR
Graphics: Asus A9250 128 Meg

I have downloaded the latest drivers.

I have reloaded several times with fire wall off and with my Anti Virus software deleted.

Nothing seems to fix the faults.

Any Ideas??

Lara

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2012-08-01 23:26:05 »
hello,

I am having problems with the graphics and audio in my game. I have the boxed version and the characters appear white as well as some other areas of the screen. Also the audio does not always work. I have made sure my drivers are up to date and I downloaded the 1.03 patch but I'm still having problems. I have windows XP and Geforce4 MX 440SE with AGP8X. What should I try next?