Geheimnis

Author Topic: Localization problems, misspelled words etc.  (Read 4380 times)

Jan Theysen (KING Art)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Localization problems, misspelled words etc.
« on: 2011-10-30 10:52:44 »
If you find any problems regarding the English localization, please let us know. We will collect problems here for the next patch.
« Last Edit: 2011-10-30 12:57:01 by Jan Theysen (KING Art) »

daventry

• View Profile
Re: Localization problems, misspelled words etc.
« Reply #1 on: 2011-11-13 04:52:06 »
I finally got the game in the mail this weekend!  I've decided to take my sweet time during my first playthrough so that I can savor each and every moment.  :)

I thought I would post bugs as I noticed them so that I don't forget and leave anything out.  I hope that's ok?

1) When Wilbur looks at the net in his inventory, the voice actor first says, "I know" very quietly before proceeding to read the item description.  Is this an audio editing error?  The "I know" doesn't quite match Wilbur's normal voice that follows (and the words aren't in the text description), so I thought maybe they shouldn't be there?  Can this be fixed, or is this one of those things that's too hard to modify?

2) Not really an error and I know it's been asked before, but would it be possible to add subtitles to the cutscenes?

I'm sorry if this feedback is too detailed (if it is, please let me know).  I'm really enjoying my first playthrough, and adventures of this calibur are quite rare in this day any age.  I would just like to help make the game as flawless as possible, because quite frankly, it deserves nothing less. :)

As I said, I'll continue to add my feedback here as I progress (unless you request otherwise).
« Last Edit: 2011-11-13 06:30:34 by daventry »

Administrator (KING Art)

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-11-13 11:43:34 »
Thanks for the kind words and the detailed feedback. We want the best possible gaming experience for our players, so it is great that you want to help us find and fix the last small bumps.

While it isn't possible to re-record complete lines of the dialogue, we can edit the existing one in some cases. The "I know" in the voice acting can be cut of, since it isn't in the middle of the sentence. Thanks for the keen ears!

We're looking forward to more feedback from you.

daventry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-11-17 03:34:52 »
I'm still thoroughly enjoying myself.  The voice acting continues to impress (I'm still in the first area -- the Master Brewer is especially fun to listen to).  Kudos for the excellent casting and direction!

Just wanted to add to the list I started above:

3) When Wilbur shows his granddad his helmet, the following line of dialog (said by Wilbur's granddad) is missing its subtitles:
"That is, of course, if the enemy doesn't attack with dragons."

Please let me know if you need more description regarding the location of the missing text.

Administrator (KING Art)

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-11-17 16:05:20 »
Thanks again for your help!
It's ok the way you're doing it. We'll be able to find the location in the files that way.

Oceanview

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-11-18 19:42:38 »
A few minor things I've noticed so far:

1. When Master Brewer is talking to Wilbur about his grandad, he uses the word "temperamental". In subtitles it is spelled incorrectly - "tempermental";

2. When Ivo beats the female ork at arm wrestling, the ork says "Yes!". First, why would she say "yes" if she lost the game? Second, the word "yes" does not sound like it is said by the ork, it is voiced by a male actor.

I would help look for more, if only I could get the game to work properly. I am struggling with a glitch, as described in another forum.

Oceanview

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-11-19 02:16:10 »
Another one:

When dragon first speaks to Nate, the subtitles are misspelling the word "rigid".

daventry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-11-20 05:05:36 »
4) When Wilbur shows the Master Brewer his hops (before planting it), the Master Brewer explains to him how it's not enough.  In the dialog, there seems to be extra spaces in some of the text (denoted with "_"):

Master Brewer: "You'll _have enough_ next year."

("_" are extra spaces that could be deleted for consistency's sake.)

Also, just wondering if there's an estimated target release date for the newest patch?  Thanks!

KookyB

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-11-26 19:40:10 »
There is one point i miss... I played the game in german and loved it. And now after i have seen you did the translated version, i really hope you will have a huge succes with it (maybe more if you sent test-versions to pages like gametrailers.com and others). The english reviews say that you did a really good job with translating it and put in good voice-actors. So one critic point i often found by reading the many reviews is that nearly everyone criticized that some objects will be hard to find because they weren`t highlighted or something like this... i know that you have implented a hotspot-display by pressing "space"... but i feel reminded when i played the german version: i know that the hotspot could be displayed, but forget it... because we are all used to play games without reading a manual (tutorials) i missed the hint to this feature. When i really was looking for this feature, i just began to push all keys on the keyboard, but if you don´t know about it... you will never find it! Like many reviewers seems to miss it! So i would suggest to put a hint in menu-screen which says "hint: if you have problems findig stuff, press spacebar to see usable objects" or something like this.
Not an translation issue, but a little thing that you forget and which will save a lots of frustration to many players which missed this function. hope my english is ok and that it is ok to post this here, because its off-topic! But overall, the best adventure since a long-long time ago... make more games guys... and if you need good trailers sent me material, i am motion artist, and will be proud to help you, to spread your game (in my freetime)... and i missed good videos from your game, which americans need ;-) So if you feel comfortable with this, you can see a old showreel on newbielink:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc3XEfcJlt4 [nonactive]
I am in between time much better in doing this then in 2008... so if you like good staged videos for free for a good game. Contact me ;-) i would be proud to help.
« Last Edit: 2011-11-26 19:59:06 by KookyB »

S3r1ous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-12-11 18:09:03 »
1. Graphical: Shaders look occasionally odd. Environment is great and everything but characters seem little to bright for it.
2. Gameplay: Say i wanna click something right near the edge of the screen, menu pops up too fast and distracts me. Some extra millisecond for it to appear?
3. Menu: Could use more options for control, mouse acceleration to turn off (or raw input), graphics settings.
4. Menu: How about this. Say i click too fast and miss dialogue, make it somehow that i never miss it? (2 clicks?, more delay?).
5. Intro: Really would like command line option to skip intros.

Sectus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-02-27 23:49:48 »
Code: [Select] [nofollow]
spokentexts_buecherregal_ex_0_st_1;I'd give a lot to be able to read these books. But I'm sure only students are allowed to do that.
2-848-1.wav
At the very beginning of the sentence you can hear the voice actor say "hang on".

spokentexts_kaninchen_ex_1_st_2;All white and soft and gentle and sweet, and I just want to cuddle it and… I'm an adventure now… Must act like one. I'm certain that's supposed to be "adventurer" instead of "adventure". The mistake is also in the voice acting, but the subtitles can be fixed at least.

Administrator (KING Art)

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012-02-28 14:58:06 »
Thanks for spotting those mistakes and giving such a detailed description, Sectus!
Keep 'em coming. :)

Sectus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012-02-29 02:21:18 »
All of these are for chapter 2:
spokentexts_kraemer_topic_spieler_seq_und_wer_sind_sie_beiden__st_4;And I'm Mary Ellen Skittles, level 40, local government officer. My bicycle's go a free speed gear!"go" should be "got"

spokentexts_kartons_ex_2_st_2;They earn some good coin. They're firmly in goblin hands, and no one really likes to negotiate  with them about prices...There's an additional space between "negotiate" and "with"

spokentexts__st_1;If Mr. Wuppermann always wakes up after a few questions, I'll have to carefully consider exactly what I want to ask him... I think I can do that.
2-174-0.wav
You can hear the voice actor say "I think I can, yeah okay *ahem*" before he says his line.