Geheimnis

Author Topic: Patch 1.03 available!  (Read 11814 times)

Jan Theysen (KING Art)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Patch 1.03 available!
« on: 2011-10-30 10:56:06 »
We released the Patch 1.03 for the BOXED VERSION of The Book of Unwritten Tales yesterday.

ATTENTION: This patch is only relevant for the BOXED VERSION of the game, sold by Lace Mamba Global in some territories. If you own the digital download edition you don't need the patch, since this version has already been patched.

The patch contains the following improvements:

- English sub-titles in chapter 5.2
- Quick character switch problem fixed
- Dead-end in chapter 4 in the cave of the earth-pixies fixed
- Several crash-bugs related to English voice files fixed (e.g. talking to female zombie head)
- Rare audio problems in videos reduced
- Minor text issues fixes

Please download the patch if you own the BOXED VERSION of the game and run setup.exe to install it!

http://www.unwritten-tales.com/box_version_patch.html

« Last Edit: 2011-10-30 12:53:59 by Jan Theysen (KING Art) »

fenrisulven

• View Profile
Re: Patch 1.03 available!
« Reply #1 on: 2012-04-15 15:08:27 »
and no fix of the SLI problem.

GreyGhost

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-04-24 11:16:14 »
Bought the game on the 20th April via the App Store. Got to where the character is shot into God knows where by his Grandpa and the next scene launches followed by what I assume is the next level. Here the game freezes!

Tried twice to reinstall the game from the App Store and still the same problem.

I would appreciate and I'm sure everyone else would, a "heads up" on when the fix is ready to be installed.

Using an iMac 3.4 Ghz Quad core, Intel i7 chip with 8 GB's of Ram.

kingaroy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-04-25 01:19:22 »
I have exactly the same problem as GreyGhost - looking forward to a fix.

GreyGhost

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-04-26 16:00:24 »
Has a new version been uploaded on to the Apple store yet? I do not want to waste my time reinstalling the game again for the umteenth time!!

Getting really fed up and feel cheated..........not good guys.

A little more information wouldn't go a miss.  >:(

GreyGhost

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-04-30 21:44:42 »
 :) I have reinstalled the new version from the Apple store and am pleased to announce that I am able to continue with this adventure albeit still a little buggy here and there. My only advice to people is to save the game regularly in case of any further freezes.

Daz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-08-07 15:16:30 »
and no fix of the SLI problem.

I want that fix myself as I've never come across ANY other game that didn't work with either SLI enabled or Single GPU mode set. This is the first that I've come across where I have to disable SLI manually in order to see the Main Menu options and text!!!

I've tried everything to get it to display with SLI enabled but nothing works.

P.S. I realise that this game does not need SLI but enabling/disabling SLI manually is not only tedious but should not be necessary IMO.
Intel Core i7-920 @ 3.8 GHz, ASUS P6T v2209 motherboard, 12 GB memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 SLI graphics, Creative X-Fi Titanium HD sound, 128 GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot) + 3 TB SAYA II hard drives, 2 x Samsung BD-ROM/DVD-rewriters, Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit)

spline

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-10-06 21:45:10 »
I bought the game from adventuregamers.com, earlier this year. When I get to the cave, the game freeze. Cant get past it. So I downloaded the patch. Eventhough it said boxed version only. Now it asks for the CD :(

Can you please provide a patch for the digital downloads done before it was patched!

I would very much like to complete the game, and I would like to get the next of the unwritten tales. But not unless you provide a fix for this.

krnrnee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-12-25 15:41:54 »
 :-[ I am running a 2010 MBP with 8GB of ram,

I downloaded the game from gog.com, and it was working fine till I got to the scene where death kills me. The screen froze. Rebooting fixed it, but now I'm getting the same lock up at the cave in chapter 4. I'm not sure what version gog has but it's either not patched or the patch wasn't enough.

I want to buy the new game, but not till I finish this one. Thanks!

migeno

• View Profile
the book of unwritten tales
« Reply #9 on: 2013-01-01 18:52:35 »
i purchased this game on 31/12/12 through origin as a download. i have uninstalled and re-downloaded and installed this game and upon loadining the book has no text. continue game is the only text and the screen freezes at that point. i use a pc i5 with the g-force gtx 590 graphics card with 8 gb of ddr3 1866mhz memory. very frustrating
i look forward to this being resolved
thank you
g.r.middleton

simondius

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-04-17 18:41:31 »
Hi the patch isnt there anymore please answere... i cant play the game atm because of an bug in capter 4 :((( waiting for answer your simon ! :))

bugmenot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013-05-07 17:59:09 »
Go here http://w w w.patches-scrolls.com/book_of_unwritten_tales.php
and pick the one you need.

WilmerO

• View Profile
Patch 1 03 available
« Reply #12 on: 2016-04-29 17:34:26 »
i havent downloaded the new patch yet and im afraid to i had five hard freezes in two hours the other night and everyone is saying hard freezes are increasing and the game is unplayable and unbearable . TRION ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION TO WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING THE GAME IS UNPLAYABLE ?