Geheimnis

Author Topic: making mage potion  (Read 4351 times)

flinters

• View Profile
making mage potion
« on: 2011-12-19 01:32:00 »
I can't get past last step in making this potion! Mine keeps blowing up..Could some kind person please send me a save game after this?
Cheers

Marco Rosenberg (KING Art)

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: making mage potion
« Reply #1 on: 2011-12-19 16:54:12 »
If you stir slowly and take care of the color changes, it shouldn't be that hard. The color changes after each correct step you did.

Peter Arrington

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-03-06 05:20:55 »
I can't get past last step in making this potion! Mine keeps blowing up..Could some kind person please send me a save game after this?
Cheers

I presume you refer to the step where you have to stir 4 times clockwise, twice anticlockwise and three times clockwise. I keep a steady hand and do slow full circles, yet every time it fails. Normally, some of the better games of this kind have some sort of 'cheat' to allow people to go past this annoying puzzle and only let people try it if they really wish to do so (e.g. Lucas Arts' 'Full Throttle' with the Derby puzzle). I've seen many people on other forums even exchange savegames so they can go past this stage. Personally, I gave up. My whole enjoyment of the game disappeared after watching the post-explosion conversation between Wilbur and the mage for the 20th time. 

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-03-06 11:33:56 »
I can understand your frustration, Peter. It took me 4 or 5 tries too, the first time I played the game. Normally it shouldn't be too hard if you just change direction after a color change instead of relying on counting the times you stirred.
If you send your savegame before the cooking game to support@kingart-games.com, I can solve it for you and send you back a savegame after the cooking game.

Of course we will take the players' feedback into account for future games.

moxier

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-04-03 06:24:19 »
 >:( I am at the same place... have tried 6 or 7 times and the next to last step of stirring always blows up.... it was a fun and interesting game up to that point... now it is just frustration ... there should be a "skip puzzle" option for those kinds of arcade puzzles.

I just quit the game... it is far too frustrating to continue.   >:(

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-04-03 10:28:00 »
Hi moxier,

as I've offered other people before, you could send me your latest savegame and I'll solve the potion puzzle for you. It would be a pity if you don't get to see the rest of the game.

Although it is just a small percentage of people who get stuck at the potion puzzle, we will take the feedback into account and will avoid this kind of puzzles in future games (or offer a skip option).

moxier

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-04-03 14:30:09 »
I have the MAC version of the game.... how do I find the save games?

moxier

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-04-05 01:48:57 »
Anyone know how to find the save games on a Mac?

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-04-05 12:17:29 »
I'll ask our programmers.

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-04-05 18:28:34 »
You can find the savegames in the Mac version at: Users/{username}/Library/Application Support/Book of Unwritten Tales/savegames

moxier

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-04-05 21:04:14 »
Thanks, I sent a save game.

I think most old school adventure players don't like the arcade (hand to eye) puzzles in their games... IF they are put into them please make a skip or solve after a few attempts... if not it kills the fun of the game.

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012-04-06 20:56:35 »
I'll have a look at your savegame after the Easter holidays, that last till Monday here in Germany.

We will of course take the feedback regarding the arcade minigames into account for our next adventure games.

moxier

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012-04-12 00:07:09 »
Looking forward to getting the save game.

bridgetfisher

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013-05-19 19:51:38 »
I cant get past the potion part either.
How are we supposed to know how many times it has been stirred in a direction? 

My review of the game sadly was a 0/10 because since I was unable to complete this part of the game I was unable to complete my review.   Cooking with mama a popular and successful cooking game with similar mechanics has visual cues for stirring this game is not able to do this without Im sure alot of trial and error, and spinning a mouse cursor shouldnt be that hard, sorry I dont have the time to do that, I dont think anyone does or cares enough too. 
« Last Edit: 2013-05-19 20:05:19 by bridgetfisher »

• Lord of the Word
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013-05-21 08:22:04 »
Hi bridgetfisher,

the color of the potion changes after stirring for the right number of times. You just have to do it slowly and you will succeed.